- The purpose of this policy is to outline how we use your data, how its protected, how long its stored for and more.
- As a vehicle finance broker, the main purpose of us obtaining your information is to try to obtain you an acceptance with one of our lenders.
- If at any time, you have any questions regarding how we use your information or this policy, please use the below details to contact us –
- Telephone: 0844 502 5052
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Bright Loans | Regent House, Heaton Street, Stockport SK4 1BS
Please note that for the purpose of holding personal data, we are registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registered number – ZA766848.
- Why do we collect and use your personal data?
- We collect and use your personal information in order for us to provide you with vehicle finance via our application form.
- The lawful basis of which we use your information is consent, we will not process your information without your explicit consent.
- We kindly ask that if do not want us, or do not consent to us using your information, you do not submit an application to us.
- The information we collect can be some or all of the following –
- Date of Birth
- Residential Information
- Employment and Income Information
- Marital Status
- Vehicle Information
- Bank Details
- Marketing Preferences
- IP Information
- We will never request sensitive information, or information that we do not require from yourself.
- What happens if I do not provide my personal information?
- We need your personal information to process your request or finance application. If we do not collect your personal information, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
- We will use your personal information to send you marketing communications by email about similar products and services that you may be interested in.
- Please note that we will not send you marketing information with your consent.
- You have the right to object to receiving marketing communication and we will give you an easy way to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing communication from us.
- Who will we share your personal information with?
- We will share your information with our partners with whom we work with in order to assist you gain an acceptance, these include the below –
(ADD THIRD PARTIES/PARTNERS)
- Your information will be held on our CRM system,
- Please also note that in order to complete your finance agreement, we will require some information from the supplying dealership.
- In order for them to raise the necessary paperwork, we will need to send them your name, address and contact number. We may also liaise with them regarding any future aftersales issues where required.
- If required, we will also share your information with 3rd parties for accounting, legal or regulatory purposes.
- Please note we as a company do not share your data outside of any EEA state. We ask you to ensure you are aware of how the above companies share and use your date, so you are fully aware.
- How long will we store your personal information?
- We will store your personal information for up to six years on our CRM systems. We are committed to ensuring your data is kept secure so review our security systems on a regular basis.
- This is to enable us to refer to our records should we be required to for the purpose of regulatory or lawful reasons.
- If you do not object to receiving marketing communications from us, we will store your personal information for marketing purposes until you unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us.
- Please note that some of your information may be included in information used for accounting purposes. Where this is the case this information is kept for 7 years as per our legal requirements.
- What are your rights to your personal information?
Right to access
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once you cancel the service or once the service is completed, if we are able to do so with still abiding by law.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible
format such as Excel or Word.
Right to be informed
You have the right to be fully informed regarding your information throughout our whole journey
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If a decision has been made electronically, you have the right to contest this decision.
- How can I exercise my rights in relation to my personal information?
- You can exercise all of your rights by contacting us on any of the above contact details.
- How do I lodge a complaint about the use of my personal information?
- You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact details.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- The ICO are the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way.
- You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
Monitoring and Compliance
- In the event the company breaches this policy, or any regulation set out by the ICO, this must be reported immediately.
- Both the customer and the ICO must be made aware within 72 hours and kept up to date of any investigations or changes following the breach.
- Breaches will be recorded on our compliance monitoring plan and used for management information.
- Processes and procedures will be regularly assessed to ensure compliance with guidelines and law.
- Stephen is responsible for ensuring the above process is followed.
- This policy will be reviewed on at least an annual basis.
- Any updates will be reissued to our team, along with any training to ensure they fully understand the changes that have been made.
- Stephen is responsible for approving this policy and process.